Friday, October 14, 2011

So, Hal, we finally meet for the last time...

The purpose of this post is mostly to state that I finished reading the text and watching the production of Henry IV, part 1.  SPOILER ALERT HOTSPUR DIES!!! Final duel at the end of the play-epic win for Henry V.

Now that I've got that out of my system, I can get ready to look at various analyses of the play.  Like I said before, I'll be looking at the characters of Hal and Hotspur in their historical contexts, with perhaps the occasional glance at other characters, like Henry IV, Glendower, or Falstaff. 

This blog will occasionally be interrupted by posts about other plays (look for The Tempest: coming soon to a lot of blogs near you!), characters, random facts about history, more random facts about history, and grumbling about my life.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment